How Do You Mend an Interrupted Dream?

Dream

“Yesterday’s success formula is often today’s obsolete dogma…We must continually challenge the past so that we can renew ourselves each day.”—Sumantra Ghoshal (1948-2004) Indian management theorist & academic

When I wrote the title for this piece, it got me wondering if one can mend a dream.

(I sometimes write a title that comes to my mind intuitively and it starts my writing process.)

I am thinking specifically of our dreams during sleep.

I do not have an awareness of my dreams during slumber. On the rare occasion where I do see dreams during sleep and it gets interrupted, I want to go back to the dream to see the outcome. But it doesn’t happen. It is gone!

The dream is gone. It is part of the past.

  • Who hasn’t had their dreams interrupted!

  • Who hasn’t seen their dreams of a better lifestyle go to pieces?

  • Who hasn’t been a victim of ill health?

  • Who hasn’t seen loved ones depart?

Life is a mystery. The galaxies are a mystery. Dreams are a mystery. I don’t know about you, but I like a good mystery.

Dreams are about the mystery of your journey with all the twists and turns, the good times, the sad times, the beauty and the passion of thriving and playing full out.

We'll continue this discussion next time...

Check out the recordings of my recent appearances on Blog Talk Radio.
My friend Dr. Wayne Dyer's new book "Excuses Begone" is out and I highly recommend you get a copy. Click here for a FREE chapter excerpt!

I have opened space in my schedule for a few free strategy sessions - if you are interested, email me today!

Coaching does make a difference! Mark your calendar: June 17, 2009 – Wednesdays – 10:00am-11:00am Eastern – “Play a Bigger Game Worth Winning” – For leaders recognizing the importance of not being blind sided with their present success or wants to focus on a larger vision. Nothing stays the same. Leaders are always evolving in character and their actions reflect their continuous development. Click here for details and registration.

Comments