5 Tips to Tame the Gremlins

On February 11th I talked about how ghosts or gremlins from the past can block us from moving forward.  Here are 5 tips to help tame those gremlins and send the ghosts on their way 
5 Tips to Tame The Gremlins
(1)  Declarations are made when we feel that we did something wrong such as: “I am not good enough,” “I can’t do anything right, why try,” “I am in the way.”  They stick to us like Krazy Glue throughout our growing years, UNLESS we get curious enough to take a closer look by asking ourselves questions we rarely ask, such as “What is my purpose?,  Why am I here?  What is it to be happy?  What do I want?  What do I really, really want?  Listen  deeper from the part of you that knows.  

(2)  Your gremlins are powerful false ego agents.  Convincing you that your happiness is in the outer world, not from within.  You, and you alone, are responsible for your happiness.  Engage in events, resources, and relationships that awaken more of your possibilities.  

(3)  Look at your values and what’s important to you.  What values do you want to strengthen that will empower you?  Is it family, freedom, service, being on purpose, etc.?  

(4) Don’t fight with your gremlins. If you do, they will win.  They are like ghosts scaring you into believing that where you are is all there is.  No, there is more light within you.  You are meant to shine brighter.  

(5) Don’t give up.  Allow yourself to explore deeper into your self-awareness.  Even though the process of my writing is full of resistance and excuses, my intuition keeps calling me back.  My confidence is growing and I am learning not to judge my writing practices.  Acceptance of my process is much better than listening to gremlins telling me it is taking too long, why bother, you are not creative, what you write is not so new, and on and on. 

Comments