The Right Compass to Rise Above Hard Times


"I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary." --Lou Holtz

The Right Compass to Rise Above Hard Times

Sitting around with friends, family and others comparing notes on how bad the economy is and what it has cost one can only bring more despair.  I know what it is like to be challenged financially and with life threatening cancer more than once.  I have learned that within the bad there is the opposite - good!

Taking responsibility for what I could control while using the support of physicians, CPA's, coaches, friends, family and faith in a Higher Power created new opportunities.  What I could control were my thoughts, feelings, actions and beliefs.  Intuitively I listened to my inner compass.  And, yes, not all of the recovery was uphill, but I knew where I wanted to go.  It makes a big difference when we know where we want to go rather than visioning the worse.

Our inner compass takes us in the right direction.  It doesn't lie and give us false readings, unless, of course, we damage the workings with false reasoning that we are stuck, we are too old, too young, and nobody wants what we have to offer.   That is a compass "out of order" and yet convincing enough to lead us down the wrong path.  We weren't meant to follow someone else's compass.  Our compass is true.  Getting caught in the negative thinking is destructive.

Next time I'll offer you some Tips on how to succeed using your inner compass...

In the meantime, if you are reading this before April 21, 2015, why not take a moment to register for my upcoming FREE webinar 7 Easy Steps to a New Career Direction.  Sign up here!  And if you would like 30-minutes of career strategy coaching with me for only $20.15, sign up here.  These sessions are only available for a limited time.

Remember: Anything is Possible!

[image source]

Comments