Tips to Succeed Using Your Inner Compass

Last time we talked about having the right compass to rise about hard times.

Today I offer you tips to succeed using your inner compass:

1. Take an R&R (rest and recuperation) from the daily news.  Everyday I go on the Internet purposely looking for good news.  The popular news websites are flooded with stories of despair and tragedy. Killings, unprecedented unemployment, warring factions, people losing their houses due to foreclosures, plane crash, floods, etc, etc. etc.  Take control of what you watch and put in your mind.

2. When you awake in the morning notice what your first thoughts are.  More than likely they are a continuation of what was on your mind before going to sleep.   For example, if you are a TV watcher before retiring and the scenes were of violence, you will more than likely wake up with those scenes in your mind.   Think something positive before retiring and sleep on it.  Notice the difference in your attitude when you awake.

3. When fear, doubt, jibber jabber, swirl around in your brain without a sense of direction and seeing the worse the result is you create more grief.  You are in control of your feelings and attitude.  I am not suggesting that from the worst of times you jump for joy and say, "Hallelujah."  It is being with your sorrow while being an opening for directions from your inner compass to where you are headed.  Acknowledge this situation and ask:    

  • What can I control?
  • What am I willing to let go that no longer serves me?
  • What are my resources/supporters?
  • Where do I want to go from here?
  • Why is that important?  
  • What tiny steps can I take to get me from swallowing in my grief to answer what I am called to do next?

4. Hard times are awakenings to your individual calling and self-leadership.  Farrah Fawcett wouldn't let herself be a victim of cancer.  She took control of what she could and released the rest while cancer was warring in her body.  In her demonstration of self-leadership she was a leader for others with a life threatening disease to not let the disease define who they are.  

I promise that if you want bigger and better for yourself and those in your life, Right Track Coaching programs are targeted to train you to get your heart's desire.  And if you would like to have a 30-minute strategy coaching call with me for only $20.15, sign up today!

...and remember: Anything Is Possible - You are the possibility that makes the impossible possible!!

[image source: pinterest]

Comments