Standing Tall - A Winner's Trait

Walk Tall
Something most of us don't take notice of is how we stand or walk. The military requires soldiers to have the best postures. Why do you suppose the military trains its soldiers to march straight and tall? What possible difference can it make?

How you stand and walk says volumes about you before you even say a word. The majority of us walk around everyday without paying any attention to what we are saying even though we are not uttering a word. There is a lot that can be said about body language from the clothes you wear to gestures. Let's discuss what our walk has to say about our talk.

I took notice of this topic recently as I recalled something about changing my posture to improve my level of confidence. I was about to venture on a new project, which would take me out of my comfort zone. My gremlins were having a field day with me offering all kinds of reasons why I couldn't do a good job with this new opportunity. I tucked in my tummy, put my shoulders back, held my head high, and took a walk. Soon thereafter, I felt so much better. I approached the project with new zest and possibility. Wow what a difference! Try it.

1. When you stand and walk tall what do you notice?
2. What does your stature say about you? Ask others to critique your stance.
3. Is your talk and walk in alignment?
4. What happens to your mood when you slouch?

Want to Score Big in the Last Quarter of 2008? Learn how here! Register now - the course starts next week!

Comments