Today's Leadership Pointer

Leadership comes in many forms and diversity. It has the common ingredient of contribution, whether personally and/or professionally. Many of us - actually most of us - say, 'Who me, be a leader?' I question my leadership roles - one is caregiver to my mother. I never thought of it as a leadership role, I took it on as an expectation. Open Your Heart

Through my writings, I decided to take my own advice and went into the circle of expectation of caregiver. My body felt heavy with responsibility and duty. In the possibility circle my heart opened up wider and I felt a sense of freedom. Freedom coming from choice versus what is expected.

As past President of Toastmasters Chapter, Speakers Forum, I see possibilities of contribution as expansive. Expectation feels heavy and burdensome. How about you? Where are you on the continuum today?

Want to change your expectations to possibilities? Join my new small group coaching program "Score Big in the Last Quarter of 2008" - we start October 15. Register today.

Comments