When I think of the inner critics I picture a CD that keeps playing the same gloomy tunes over and over again 24/7 until one doesn’t even realize it’s playing anymore, but it is there in the background playing the same songs over and over. Some of those theme songs might sound like:
• You can’t leave this job – what will you do?
• You’re not good enough to go out on your own.
• You don’t have the time to exercise. There are too many things to get done.
• You can’t afford to make a change even though you are in pain.
• You have to stay in an unpleasant relationship – nobody else wants you.
• You are too young – too old.
• What do you think you are doing leaving your job/the relationship?
• You will get hurt and you will be sorry.
• Don’t get involved – it is none of your business.
• You’re too fat – too thin – get in shape before you start anything new.
• You’re not good looking so why bother dating.
• You’re dumb so don’t even try it.
• You need more education to get that job.
• You will end up in the poor house.
• (add your own inner critics theme song) _________________________
Take a moment to list what your inner critic is saying - and share it in the Comments section below (just click on the word "Comments"!)
Then invest in yourself and sign up to Make 2009 Your Most Extraordinary Year! This special 2-part teleseminar will get you on the Right Track for 2009...