Being Comfortable When Being Uncomfortable Networking






Networking is not something that everyone is comfortable with.  For some, they would rather go to the dentist than go networking.  But what if you changed the perspective on networking?  Instead of it being something to dread or fear, start by taking one small step at a time.

I remember a few years back when my life changed significantly.  Networking was not something I kept up with since care giving and other issues were priorities.  Previously I had been very active networking and also volunteered on various committees. 
 
When it was time to reach out and get more involved building my network, I registered for an event. It wasn’t as easy as I expected.  I felt so out of place and nervous.  I talked myself into staying by using positive affirmations to overcome the terror I felt. 

This was one of those events where each participant gets up to introduce themselves to the whole group.  There were approximately 40 entrepreneurs and business owners.  Would you believe, I even had a hard time saying my name!  But the cost of not networking was bigger than the fear.
 
From experiencing the resistance and seeing the same apprehension with my clients, it inspired me to produce a workshop called “Fearless Networking” with various tag lines.  The workshop is very interactive and a place for others to design their networking style as they grow their network.
  
It isn’t that networking is difficult, it is getting past the fear and being comfortable when being uncomfortable.

We have too much trash in our heads filling us with detours to our desires.  We listen to the wrong messages like:
  • What will people think of me?
  • I don’t know what to say?
  • I have to have the “perfect” introduction.
  • I won’t do it right.
  • Networking doesn’t work.
  • People don’t care
  • I am not dressed right.
If you are interested in building your career, your business, your social life, or some cause you believe in, networking is definitely a route to take.  There are numerous ways to build your network.  From these venues you can develop your own personal networking style.

Networking works!  


“What makes networking work is that it sets up win-win
situations in which all parties involved get to take something
home.  Networking is a sharing process. Until you understand
that, you won’t have much of a network."

 – Earl G. Graves, Sr. 

You're invited to visit www.righttrackcoaching.com



Comments